The end client is a global luxury goods marketing organisation operating in nine key territories.
To develop a unique multilingual Facebook application for global consumption on all browsers and mobile devices allowing users to inscribe a personal promise on a ring chosen from a gallery and share their promise on a friend’s Facebook wall or email it to them. The application also required Google Maps integration to allow users to plot their location on a global map.
Key functional elements included:
- Integration of third party functionality such as Google maps API to correctly position locations and allow users to be displayed in clusters on the map
- Functionality using Flash for desktop browsers and HTML 5 on mobile devices to allow users to create personalised content and post it to their own or a friends wall
- Facebook integration including functionality to auto detect a user’s location and display content and language accordingly
Additionally the project required a significant amount of integration with external APIs.
Working very closely with the end client, the project took place over a three month period from initial scoping to launch. Key stages of the project included:
- Working closely with the end client’s internal teams to develop a comprehensive functional and technical specification
- Developing an administration module allowing the end client to update content within the app using their existing main website content management system without needing to use any Facebook functionality
- Full multi-browser testing including testing on mobile devices
Working closely with the end client, Kieon created an app that exactly met the brief, whilst providing a user-friendly method of allowing non-technical users to update content during the course of the promotion.
The promotion was a great success, with user registration far exceeding the expectations of the client. The final solution was exceedingly well received by the end client’s offices around the globe and Kieon continued to provide support for the application during the course of the promotion and works with the end client on its other projects.