The client is an independent record company created to allow artists to showcase their music, which is professionally recorded and produced, packaged, distributed and sold through their website.
To develop a marketing and e-commerce website to promote the record label’s music and merchandise.
Key functional elements included:
- Implementing bespoke functionality for the artists signed to the label to add and update their biographies and discographies
- Implementing bespoke backend modules allowing the admin to manage the store, shopping cart, artist accounts and content
- Front end integration with PayPal
Additionally artist pages were integrated with SoundCloud functionality, to allow visitors to the website to listen to audio clips.
The project ran for 3 months from initial planning to delivery, and involved working directly with the end client. Some key stages of the project included:
- Detailed requirements gathering with the end-client prior to commencement of the development work
- Full integration of the application with PayPal
- On-going application development and support
The website has been very successful in promoting the record label and its artists, and the end client is extremely happy with it. Kieon continue to work with the end client to develop the website and expand its functionality.