The client is a world leader in robotic technologies.
To build a global ecommerce solution to integrate directly into the end client’s global fulfilment partners systems. The solution was a first for Kieon, the fulfilment partner and end client alike. Site editors needed to be able to take product data from the fulfilment company’s systems and add rich content (user reviews, images, etc), for display on the website to create a richer user experience than the fulfilment partner’s data provided alone.
Additionally, there was a requirement to provide a brochureware solution for markets where the end client didn’t sell directly (a website toolkit/template) that could be used by distributors to create a coherent version of the end client’s global brand.
Key functional elements included:
- Direct real time integration with a third party global fulfilment solution
- Dynamically displaying product data according to language and territory
- Integration with other third party systems including user ratings and a separate product support database and forum
The CMS was used as a foundation for the application with a significant amount of customised .net modules created to integrate with the fulfilment partner and also provide the site administrators with the ability to edit all content including a wealth of detailed product data used on the site in multiple languages.
The project ran for 9 months from initial planning to launch and involved working closely with agency and technical teams from both the end client and their fulfilment partners. Some key stages of the project included:
- In-depth assessment of requirements with the end-client to fully understand the mechanics of their processes and systems
- Detailed planning of the database structure to ensure that it worked seamlessly with the data structure of the global fulfilment partner
- Prototyping to ensure that the proposed integration of the fulfilment company’s systems could take place
- Standard site development and localisation across multiple languages
- On-going application development and support
The site was well received and proved to be exceedingly successful, with the end client seeing up to a 30% increase in sales in territories where the new site was launched.
Kieon are currently in the process of rolling the new site and improved functionality out in 22 additional territories.