The end client is one of the world’s best known and well established producers of alcoholic beverages.
To build a series of HTML emailers to a very tight schedule but with the highest degree of accuracy based on the requirements set out by the end client to promote their products and acquire new website members.
Key functional elements included:
- Standard HTML emailers built to work with the usual email client combinations of Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL mail and Outlook 2003 & 2007
- Kieon managed the delivery and deployment of the entire campaign through a third party broadcast system
- Providing detailed and specific tracking information through the third party system to meet the needs of the end client
The emailers were developed in HTML4 and were built to adhere to the strict coding guidelines of the agency.
For deployment of the emailers the agency opted to use Kieon’s third party email delivery partner. Kieon managed this process on the agency’s behalf.
The project ran for 6 weeks from an initial scoping workshop to the end of the campaign and involved working very closely with the agency to deliver each email to a tight deployment schedule. Due to the success of initial deployments, the number of emailers required and duration of the campaign were expanded beyond the initial planned programme. Typically the turnaround for each emailer was 1 – 2 days. Some key stages of the project included:
- Working with the agency to plan resource flexibility to ensure that the variable number of emailers required could be delivered as required and deployed on time
- Working with a third party partner to provide management, delivery and tracking of the entire campaign
The project required an extremely flexible approach to resource planning and allocation to allow for the variable number of emailers that had to be developed and deployed.
The campaign was especially successful and saw response rates far beyond the initial targets set out by the end client. Kieon continue to work with the agency and end client on similar projects on an on-going basis.