The end client is one of Europe’s three largest airlines.
To build a series of HTML emailers to promote the launch of a new route from Continental Europe to the North West of England to both general consumers and a targeted list of potential customers and travel agents. The emailers to potential customers and travel agents were to invite them to a launch event and required functionality to track RSVPs.
Key functional elements included:
- Standard HTML emailers built to work with the usual email client combinations of Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL mail and Outlook 2003 & 2007
- A dedicated microsite to capture responses to invitations to the launch event
- A reporting module to allow the agency to easily download response data for use in their systems
The emailers were developed in HTML 4 following the strict coding guidelines of the agency.
The response tracking microsite was developed using HTML with a PHP, MySQL backend to capture replies and then generate a downloadable .CSV data file upon request.
The agency opted to use Kieon’s third party email delivery partner which we managed on their behalf.
The project ran for two months from initial scoping to the end of the campaign. The exact number of emailers required was not fully defined at the start as the amount required was dependent on the response rate to invitations to the launch event. Some key stages of the project included:
- Working with the agency to plan resource flexibility to ensure that the variable number of emailers required could be delivered as required
- Working with a third party partner to provide management, delivery and tracking of the entire campaign
- Developing and hosting the response tracking microsite
The campaign required a very flexible approach to both resource planning to allow for the variable number of emailers that had to be developed and to our management of the actual delivery of the campaign. For this project the agency opted for an end to end solution allowing them focus their resource on the strategic, creative and offline elements of the campaign without needing to worry about the technical elements of the online portion. Ultimately the campaign was very successful with a high positive response rate to the launch event.Tags: CSS, Emailers, HTML