The end client is a UK industry leader in providing solutions for mobility impaired drivers.
To develop an E-commerce website to promote and distribute the end-clients materials to the UK motor trade.
Key functional elements included:
- Creating an E-commerce platform that mixed payment by credit card and an offline payment processing process within the same platform
- Building an administration area that allowed multiple third party partners direct access to site with a full audit trail for the end-client
- Integrating QAS address verification software and a SagePay payment gateway within the system
The application was based around a bespoke .NET E-commerce engine built on the .NET 3.5 framework.
The project ran for three months from initial planning to launch and involved working closely with agency, the end client and the end client’s fulfillment partners. Some key stages of the project included:
- Detailed requirements gathering with the end-client to properly understand the mechanics of their processes and systems
- Developing a solution that allowed different fulfillment partners to place orders through the system and track these separately
- Integrating the application with the payment gateway and fulfillment partner’s systems
- Creating modules to track orders placed through the system and encrypt and securely send email reports to the end-client on a daily basis
- Ongoing application development and support
The site has been extremely well received and has been successful both technically and through meeting its operational goals and Kieon is now working with the client on the next phase to expand its functionality and reach even further.E-commerce