The end client is one of the UK’s leading luxury jewellers whose jewellery products can frequently cost in excess of £1million.
To develop a rich media based website to reflect the end client’s luxury brand position whilst at the same time ensuring that it was completely editable by their internal team.
Key functional elements included:
- Significant use of custom animation and video to meet the agency’s creative vision
- A series of Flash product galleries to dynamically showcase the end client’s jewellery
- A full product administration module to allow site administrators to easily maintain product information and details
- Bespoke search functionality for products within the site
- Content delivered dynamically based upon the user’s detected location
The site was built using a combination of Flash, Paper Vision and HTML to create the look and feel that the agency demanded.
A bespoke content management system was developed using .net and MS SQL 2005 to allow site administrations to control all aspects of the site.
The project ran for four months from initial planning to launch and involved working incredibly closely with the agency’s designers to achieve the effects that wanted to display. Some key stages of the project include:
- Significant prototyping and iterations of the key pieces of functionality including using stop-motion animation to illustrate one section
- Developing three dimensional animated content sections in Paper Vision
- Optimising site load and resource requirements to ensure that the site would work well on the widest possible range of user machines
- Building a completely bespoke content management system that not only allowed users to add product information but also general page content, video and even the initial site loading images
We worked extremely closely with the agency’s designers from the outset of the project to bring their creative vision to life. With frequent conference calls and web meetings we were able to become a seamless extension of their team without compromising on any facet of the work.
Our strong experience with working with major brands and managing very creative projects offshore ensured that we added significant value both to the site itself and the project overall.
The project ran extremely smoothly, delivered on time and within budget with both the agency and end client being extremely happy with the final result.Tags: .net, 3D, CSS, Flash, HTML, MS SQL, Papervision