The end client is a global luxury goods marketing organisation operating in nine key territories.
To develop a global brand Facebook page catering for users across all territories in which the end client operates.
Key functional elements included:
- Developing code for each of the local markets to showcase unique competitions and events using IP recognition to redirect users to their country-specific page and deliver content in the appropriate language
- Developing a custom poll module allowing users to vote on topics selected by the end client in a more detailed way than currently provided by Facebook
- Developing a unique application allowing users to inscribe a personal promise on a ring chosen from a gallery and share this with a friend via Facebook or email
- Custom ‘find a retailer’ functionality was built, integrating with the client’s main website database and the Google maps API to deliver a user-friendly store finder experience
Additionally bespoke back end modules were built within the site’s CMS to manage the news and polls functionality included on the page.
The project involved working very closely with the agency client and the end client’s internal teams and ran for four months from initial planning and requirements gathering with the end client to delivery and launch of the Facebook page and associated applications. Key stages of the project included:
- A detailed requirements gathering exercise was conducted with the end client and agency to define the functionality and scope of the project
- Bespoke code to display content in the appropriate language based on the location of the user was developed
- Rebuilding the entire page to be displayed in the timeline layout on Facebook
- On-going application maintenance and support
Working in close partnership with the client from the outset of the project, we were able to develop a Facebook experience that not only completely met the original brief but evolved during the project to create a richer, more user-friendly experience, which was then reconceived to be presented in Facebook’s timeline layout.
The Facebook page was extremely well received by the end client and user registrations greatly exceeded the original target they had set. In addition the client received enquiries from other brands to develop similar pages and applications such as those in place on the page for other market segments. We continue to provide support for the page and work with both the client and end client on other projects.