The client is a publisher specialising in educational material, with the largest online network of teachers in the world.
To build an educational website for a publisher specialising in educational material. Working with the end client from the outset to provide a full strategic technical development and support solution.
Key functional elements included:
- Creating a subscription-based e-commerce engine
- Integration with a third party live tuition supplier from booking tutoring sessions and checking availability of tutors to attending a tutoring session on the website
- Developing functionality to allow individuals at schools to register as users and allow tutors to assign specific tasks to specific pupils
The project ran for 9 months from initial planning to launch and involved working closely with the client and their creative agencies. Some key stages of the project included:
- Detailed requirement gathering with end client to understand their processes and requirements
- Building a bespoke ecommerce functionality to allow subscription registration and allow parents to sign up 1 or more children to individual accounts
- Integration with third party systems. This needed to be done via iframes, for which bespoke code was developed enabling the transmission of user data through this medium
The project was extremely well received by the end client and Kieon continues to work with them and provide on-going day to day support as well as greatly extending and enhancing the functionality of the site from its original build.