The end client is an electrical engineering company and manufacturer of semiconductor based system solutions, supplying predominantly the automotive and telecommunications industries.
To develop a multilingual trade-facing website to update their existing online presence, adding new functionality as well as new languages to their previously English-only online presence.
Key functional elements included:
- Developing custom functionality within the site’s CMS to allow users to easily add product images and video and display them in a lightbox on the front end
- Developing bespoke code to Integrate with a third party user registration system
- Customising the site to display content in 5 languages including Japanese and Traditional Chinese
The project ran for a period of three months from initial scoping to launch, and involved working closely with the end client and agency. Some key stages of the project included:
- Detailed planning workshops with the end client and agency to define the scope of the project and create a functional specification for the website
- Working in a semi-agile project management approach with the agency as additional language variants of the multilingual homepage were added to the original project brief as development progressed
- On-going application development and support
Through working closely in collaboration with the agency, Kieon were able to deliver a website that perfectly satisfied the needs of the end client even as it evolved through the course of development.
The website has been very successful and Kieon continue to work with the agency and provide on-going support to the end client as they look to expand upon the website’s functionality.